Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Bamboo Build Fail Trigger

JongBum Lee October 11, 2018

Dear All

If the build fails, I use the "After Plan Fail" Trigger in the Plan Configuration / Trigger tab for post-failure processing.

Is there a way to pass the parameter value (build round, normal TEXT) to this "After Plan Fail" plan?

Otherwise, I want to how to handle after the build failure without using "After Plan Fail Trigger".

Please help me.

Best Regards.

1 answer

0 votes
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2018

Instead of using "After Plan Fail Trigger", use the add-on Pre-Post Build Command Runner

1. Shutdown Bamboo
  2. Add the add-on jar into <bamboo_install>/atlassian-bamboo/WEB-INF/lib
  3. Restart Bamboo
  4. Add Script task in the Source Plan to create a file variable.txt with the following example content
    variablename1=value1
    variablename2=value2
  5. Add an Inject Bamboo variables in the Source Plan with property file "variable.txt", "inject" namespace and "Result" option 
  6. Move the Inject Bamboo variables to the Final task area at the bottom
  7. Create Variable "testing1" and "testing2" in the Target plan
  8. Add the following into "Failed Command" at Source Plan Job Miscellaneous > Post Build Commands to POST a REST call to the Target plan
    curl -X POST -u username:${bamboo.password.variable} "http://localhost:8085/rest/api/latest/queue/BAM-TEST?bamboo.variable.testing1=${bamboo.inject.variablename1}&bamboo.variable.testing2=${bamboo.inject.variablename2}"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events