401 when pushing artifact to Jfrog using Artifactory Maven 3

Amauri Sousa March 9, 2023

Hi there,

I'm creating a simple task to deploy a maven application. This means it should push the generated artifact to Jfrog.

I'm using the Artifactory maven 3 add-on. I can configure the add-on, it shows all the repositories. So I believe the credentials that I'm using are correct.

The thing is that when I run my plan, this task fails with 401 HTTP status code, saying it couldn't upload to the artifactory.

I'm attaching my task configuration. I don't understand what I'm missing here

image.pngimage-2.pngimage-3.pngimage-4.png

1 answer

1 vote
Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2023

Hello @Amauri Sousa

For questions related to the Bamboo Artifactory Plugin, we recommend you reach out to JFrog directly as that is not an Atlassian Product.

But, based on the error, you may still have a permission issue that would allow you to list the contents but not download them. Kindly review the user permissions on Artifactory.

We also advise you that JFrog plans to phase out the Artifactory Plugin in the future, for that please consider using the JFrog CLI as a replacement tool from now.

If you have any questions please reach out to JFrog directly.

Kind regards,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

--please don't forget to Accept the answer if the reply is helpful-- 

Amauri Sousa March 10, 2023

Got it.

I don't believe it's a permission issue because I can deploy from my local machine using the same credentials.

I believe that for some reason the plugin is not sending the correct credentials when pushing.

is there a way to deploy the maven artifact without using the plugin? Using just Bamboo features?

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2023

Hello @Amauri Sousa

You can use curl or any other method you want. Check this Stack Overflow thread for an example:

As mentioned previously, try using JFrog CLI as well as it will be the only officially supported option in the future.

Kind regards,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

--please don't forget to Accept the answer if the reply is helpful-- 

Like Amauri Sousa likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events