Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

how to create a new issue in a new Sprint

hello,

i run my sprint to address Stories and Task. I also include, in every sprint, a 1 story point task for each staff to plan and scope future tasks.

I would like to have this specific task be created & added to the sprint via automation upon creating the sprint.

The automation created is per the attachment.  However, when i create a new sprint nothing get added to the new sprint; plain blank.

The rule is published and active.

The audit report: No Action performed

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There is no attachment, but if "no action was performed" is being logged, it means you need to concentrate on looking at the triggers for the actions.  If it had failed for some other reason (like sprints are not valid for the project), then you would have got an error message rather than "did nothing"

Nic, thanks for reviewing my question. Sorry for not including my comments. just replied with images included showing the config. I don't see a note that says it failed, rather, it say not action taken!

So that rule is only ever going to run once, when you create a sprint called exactly "New Product Sprint".

My guess is that is not what you are calling your next sprint.

Thanks for the feedback.

i am looking to use standard numbering for the sprints (incremental number, 1, 2, 3, 4); i.e no special naming.

I would like to add the same specific jira issue for every sprint created.  is it possible with out of the box automation? any guidance?

The simple answer is to just not try to use the "sprint name filter".  Left blank, your rule will execute for every sprint created from that board.

The field is there for the more complex cases - "Our board is running many sprints, but we only want this rule to run when the sprint name contains the word 'Aspidistra'"  I suspect you simply want to run it for all of your sprints, so just leave that field empty.

Thank you so much Nic.  The rule works Greatly appreciated and appreciate your resourcefulness.

so sorry for not including cnfig info. the following provide details for rule details, trigger, and action

rule-details.pngTrigger.pngAction.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events