Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create a new issue in a new Sprint

Ramiz Ballou January 21, 2023

hello,

i run my sprint to address Stories and Task. I also include, in every sprint, a 1 story point task for each staff to plan and scope future tasks.

I would like to have this specific task be created & added to the sprint via automation upon creating the sprint.

The automation created is per the attachment.  However, when i create a new sprint nothing get added to the new sprint; plain blank.

The rule is published and active.

The audit report: No Action performed

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There is no attachment, but if "no action was performed" is being logged, it means you need to concentrate on looking at the triggers for the actions.  If it had failed for some other reason (like sprints are not valid for the project), then you would have got an error message rather than "did nothing"

Nic, thanks for reviewing my question. Sorry for not including my comments. just replied with images included showing the config. I don't see a note that says it failed, rather, it say not action taken!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2023

So that rule is only ever going to run once, when you create a sprint called exactly "New Product Sprint".

My guess is that is not what you are calling your next sprint.

Ramiz Ballou January 22, 2023

Thanks for the feedback.

i am looking to use standard numbering for the sprints (incremental number, 1, 2, 3, 4); i.e no special naming.

I would like to add the same specific jira issue for every sprint created.  is it possible with out of the box automation? any guidance?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2023

The simple answer is to just not try to use the "sprint name filter".  Left blank, your rule will execute for every sprint created from that board.

The field is there for the more complex cases - "Our board is running many sprints, but we only want this rule to run when the sprint name contains the word 'Aspidistra'"  I suspect you simply want to run it for all of your sprints, so just leave that field empty.

Ramiz Ballou January 22, 2023

Thank you so much Nic.  The rule works Greatly appreciated and appreciate your resourcefulness.

0 votes

so sorry for not including cnfig info. the following provide details for rule details, trigger, and action

rule-details.pngTrigger.pngAction.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events