how to automate task start and end dates on Jira Software?

Rustam Yunusov May 23, 2022

Help set up automation of the start date and end date of the task, so that when you start working with the task, the date is set automatically in the start date field and when the task is closed, the date the task is closed is set.

I'm still new to Jira and therefore I still don't understand everything well, I need your help.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2022

Hi @Rustam Yunusov 

When you start working on the task, let us say by clicking workflow transition button (Start Progress or something similar) then that is already stored in Jira. Similarly for end date. Also there is a Resolution date.

Yes you can automate to capture these dates and update custom fields. In your automation rule you can use transition trigger and update your date fields using smartvalue {{now}}, but I don't think it is necessary because the dates are already there in Jira which you can fetch and report on.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Rustam Yunusov May 23, 2022

СThanks, it helped me a lot, but I can't re-add the task state trigger. Can you suggest how to do it?
Screenshot 2022-05-24 081912.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events