Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to sum the story points of linked stories to the epic level, but it's not showing up?

Jon Zacharias January 24, 2022

I want to take sum the values in the Story Points field for all tickets that are linked to a specific epic and show that value in the Story Points field on the Epic.

I've set up an automation rule for this, and it appears as though it is working correctly based on the audit log results, but the value is not showing in the Story Points field on the Epic.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here folks?pic6.png

pic3.pngpic4.pngpic5.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

What do you have configured in the "Edit issue fields - Story points" action on the branch?

Jon Zacharias January 24, 2022

{{lookupIssue.Story Points.sum}}

Charlie Gavey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2022

Hi @Jon Zacharias

Try updating this to {{lookupIssues.Story points.sum}} and see if the rule works as expected.

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-automation-actions/#Automationactions-Lookupissues

Cheers,
Charlie

Like Jon Zacharias likes this
Jon Zacharias January 25, 2022

@Charlie Gavey this worked, thank you!

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2022
Like Jon Zacharias likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events