Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sum up custom field value from all Epic issue types to Initiative

Asma Sultana February 8, 2023

Need your inputs as I am trying to sum up custom field values from all Epic to Initiative, similar to story points.

1 answer

0 votes

image.png

Erin Quick-Laughlin February 8, 2023

Hi @Asma Sultana - is the job working as expected so far?  What kind of input / feedback are you looking for?

Not working in audit log it says success but in actual it's not summing up on parent issue type. Can you help me with the automation is any changes needed on script it would be same functionality as story points being calculated under Epic. 

Erin Quick-Laughlin February 8, 2023

I'm not sure what 'same functionality' means, but here's a few things to look at, depending on where you think the error might actually be.  I don't know that this is the best way to make these work, but it's working for us on a similar field.

• Is Feature Points a number field?  I believe it will need to be, to use sum
  • Is it failing at the Lookup Issues?  Try changing the Lookup Issues action to "Parent Link" in ({{issue.parent.key}})
  • Is it failing at the Branch?  also try changing "For Parent" to For JQL, using issuekey = {{issue.parent.key}}
  • Is it failing at the Edit Issue?  Try just selecting the field in the drop down, choose SET from the ellipses from the right of the field, and then copy {{lookupIssues.Feature Points.sum|0}} in for the value.

Hope this helps!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events