Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Custom Dynamic MultiSelect List in Additional fields in JIRA Automation

Pradnya Gothal August 21, 2020

IN JIRA Automation - On Issue Created trying clone into new issue

Want to copy Custom Dynamic MultiSelect List from trigger issue. Need syntax.

Following doesnt work

customfield_15706: "{{Issue.customfield_15706.asJsonObjectArray}}"

1 answer

0 votes
Amanda Kirk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2020

With the Create Issue action you should see a place to select fields. From there you just toggle the Copy From menu and select "Trigger issue". This will force it to copy the value for that field from the trigger issue to the new issue. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 8.38.49 AM.png

Pradnya Gothal August 23, 2020

I am facing issues specifically with dynamic multiselect custom fields. Other fields I am able to clone.

Amanda Kirk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2020

Are you saying the field won't even show up in this drop down of fields to copy?

And by dynamic multiselect you are referring to a field controlled by the dynamic fields addon I presume?

Pradnya Gothal August 25, 2020

Yes the field wont show up in the drop down list to copy. So trying update via script in additional field. Custom Field I am using is a dynamic multi select list.

Amanda Kirk
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 26, 2020

It looks like for now this is not directly supported by A4J, but it is a feature request to implement:

https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-1459

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events