Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Issue Fields Condition in Automation Rule in Jira DC

Gordon Rutherford October 17, 2023

Hi

I have are rule where the automation will add a user picker name to the summary of the issue when the issue is created or updated and a name has been choosen in the user picker called 'Presenters'- example below

Original issue Summary : 'Centigrade'

Username choosen in custom field user picker 'Presenters' = Jane Doe

Issue updated

New Summary : 'Jane Doe - Centigrade'

What I don't want to happen is everytime the issue is updated is that the user name gets added again and the result is  'Jane Doe - Jane Doe - Centigrade'

So I thought I could control this with an issue fields condition which blocks the name repeat if the name is already present

I am using this smart value {{ issue.customfield_15028.displayName }} to successfully to find the custom field 'Presenter' display name and update the the summary so I know the smart value syntax is correct.

But when I use it as below as a field condition value for 'does not contain' it does not work to block the repeat of the presenter name in the summary

Any help here would be very much appreciated

Thanks Gordon

condition.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Arkadiusz Inglot
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2023

Hello

Please select proper trigger for your automation and then edit you summary with new 'semi statgic' value.

In that case You can handle both cases (issue create + update) using different trigger:

• Field value changed
    • Field: Presenters
    • Change type: Any changes
    • Create issue + Edit issue
  • Edit issue:
    • Field: summary
    • Value: {{issue.customfield_15028.displayName}} - Centigrade

Btw, this may be helpful in future cases and playing with strings in automation: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-text-fields/

Gordon Rutherford October 18, 2023

Thanks very much for your input here Arkadiusz - your answer works for me and you have broadened my limited Jira Automation knowledge!

Cheers

Gordon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events