Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original Due Date as first value provided for Due Date

karolina_kordos February 6, 2024

Hi,

I would like to set an automation that will populate into custom field "Original Due Date" field value from Due Date, but only when it was first provided (initially planned).

Meaning:
Due Date field was empty and Due Date field value is updated for the very first time, the value of Due Date should be populated to "Original Due Date" field.

I have created a rule that copies Due Date to "Original Due Date" when issue is created, however Due Date field is not required, therefore this rule is not sufficient, as Due Date might be provided later.

I do not want to update Original Due Date when Due Date is updated (when value was once provided).

I am wondering if there is possibility to get to such smart value that holds information about first ever due date provided for issue?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Paul O
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2024

You could simply add a check to your automation to check whether 'Original Due Date' is empty and only copy the value over if it is.

See example below (In my example I copy 'Start Date' to a custom field called Date 1)

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 10.10.42.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events