cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any issue trigger option while cloning a ticket

Jacob Rajesh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 17, 2024

I would like to create a automation rule for the tickets that are being cloned.  So Is there any specific issue trigger option? 

2 answers

1 vote
Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2024

Hi @Jacob Rajesh and welcome to the Community!

No - there is no specific trigger. You could just use the "Issue created" trigger and add a condition that checks for related issues though. 

When you clone an issue, it automatically is related to the origin issue with the "clones" relation, You can check for the existence of that.

The only thing that might happen is if the Linked Issues option is available in some Create-Screens, a person might add the Clones-Relation manually and trigger the rule by accident. I find that quite unlikely though.

0 votes
Luka Hummel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 19, 2024

Hi @Jacob Rajesh and welcome to the community!

If you are willing to try a third-party app, you can try our Deep Clone for Jira.

Deep Clone can trigger a Jira Automation Incoming Webhook on the issues created by Deep Clone. Just create a Webhook (using the first option, “Issues provided in the webhook HTTP POST body”) and adjust Deep Clone with the Webhook URL.

jira-automation-webhook

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events