Display link to new issue after action completes

Jim Rowe April 10, 2023

I've created a small automation to "Clone" an Issue and set some values.

Similar to how when I use the native "Clone" function, a small window will open with a link to the newly created issue.  Is it possible to show that or something similar, or directly open the issue?

The point of this automation is to immediately act up the newly created item.

2 answers

1 vote
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2023

Unfortunately I have not see any functionality in Automation that would allow for any user interaction.

The closest thing I've seen is when a rule Edits an issue, an alert will pop-up saying the issue has changed and you might want to reload.

It would be a pretty sweet feature though to allow a post-automation popup, and even better a way to capture user input, with user picker fields and... well, a guy can dream, right? :-}

0 votes
Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2023

The closest thing that works today might be to send a Slack message (or some other kind of message):
2023-04-11_09h25_20.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events