Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation: Link all done Customer Task to support story

Tobias September 21, 2022

Hi guys, 

is there a possibility to link the result of a jql?

I create a story every day before my sprint ends and therefore I want to link the Customer tasks I have done in the last 14 days (sprint duration). 

Is there a possibility to link them via automation?

Best 

Tobias 

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2022

Hi @Tobias 

It is possible to link issues found with a JQL statement to another issue using an automation rule, yet I am unclear on what you are asking specifically. 

Perhaps you could explain what problem are you trying to solve (e.g. the why) to help clarify.  Thanks!

Kind regards,
Bill

Tobias September 22, 2022

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

I would like to create an activity type every 2 weeks towards the end of Sprint that documents the effort I put in. Since the completed support activities are in another project, I would like to create the activity here first (in the sprint project) and then link the respective activities.

I have now managed to do this via the following rule:

2022-09-22 10_14_56-Automation - Markant Jira.png

Currently I am just thinking about doing this about more flexible, because with this configuration I have to start the rule at the moment when I want to create this support task, that it will execute the rule at the same point 2 weeks later. 

Best 

Tobias 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2022

Thanks for that information, Tobias.

What is not working as you expect?  For example, are you having difficulty with the linking to the new story?  If so, you can select the most recently created issue in the link-action inside of that branch.

Like Tobias likes this
Tobias October 5, 2022

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

thanks for your helpful answer. With the option "Mostly created issue" I had the chance to edit issue fields after the creation of the issue itself. So it was possible to add it to a sprint and afterwards name the task like the sprint name. Later I can see which support effort is refered to a specific sprint. 

Thank you!

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events