Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action details: Clone issue Can not create issue in project/issue type 10145/10283

Adam Abela March 26, 2024

I tried creating this automation rule that will automatically clone an issue but it gave me an error.

The project that it is cloning to is a 'Business Project' and I have admin in both of the projects, but in the original Project the Project Access is Private. Could this be the issue?

Issues.1.png

2 answers

1 vote
Tugba Capaci
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2024

Hi @Adam Abela ,

Did you select the issue type for the cloned issue's project?

For example, in your current project, you have the issue type "question." However, in the project you want to clone, it might not have the same issue type. In this case, by selecting the appropriate issue type, the issue can be cloned successfully.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 15.59.19.png

Tugba
actioner.com

Adam Abela April 2, 2024

Hi @Tugba Capaci 

I did select the type and unfortunately the automation still gave an error.

image.png

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2024

Hi Adam - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Yes, the permission is the problem. You must have access to Create Issues on the project that you are cloning to - or whoever is the Actor for the Automation Rule. 

Adam Abela April 2, 2024

Hi @John Funk 

Even though I created the Project that the issue is cloning to? Or do I also need permissions on the Project that the issue is being initially created?

image.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2024

See if you can click the Create button and create an issue from scratch with the same information you doing by the clone. 

Adam Abela April 2, 2024

Yes I can create an issue.

image.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2024

And are you the Actor for the rule? 

Adam Abela April 2, 2024

Yes.

image.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2024

Wait a minute - the rule says to create in the WM project. Your example above is for the AF project. Try to create a Task in the WM project using the Create button. 

Adam Abela April 2, 2024

Yes I can create an issue in the other project.

image.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events