Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Partners: Are You Using TikTok for Company Promotion?

Patricia Modispacher _appanvil_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 10, 2023

Yes, weird question and I'm not sure whether that's the right group, but I'm curious:

I would like to know how some of you are leveraging TikTok as a promotional platform for your companies. TikTok has become a powerful tool for engaging with audiences through short-form video content, but its use in the business world is still evolving.

These would be my questions

• Have you explored TikTok for business promotion? If so, what kind of content are you creating?
  • What strategies or tactics have you found effective on TikTok? Are there any unique challenges you've encountered?
  • Do you have any success stories or tips to share regarding using TikTok as an Atlassian partner?
  • Are there any particular Atlassian-related topics or products that resonate well with TikTok users?
  • Do you think TikTok can be a valuable addition to your overall marketing strategy as an Atlassian partner?

Please feel free to share your experiences, insights, or questions related to using TikTok for company promotion in the context of Atlassian partnership. Looking forward to the discussion. 👥🎉

5 comments

Comment

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2023

I find this an interesting idea and would love to see if anyone has done this.

I know the social media team at MongoDB used to do a lot of TikTok content, and some of that really landed well with younger developers. 

Becky Brooks - Visor for Jira
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2023

Becky from Visor here. We have a TikTok (@visordotus). It's not our main social channel, but it's a fun place to play around with messaging.

I view TikTok as the slot machine of the internet. Sometimes, you might win big, go viral, and get seen by tons of people. 

I have a personal TikTok (@beckyshadows) with almost 5k followers. And it takes regular posting to crack the code for how to drive engagement regularly. It's even harder for brands, IMO.

Also, you're not going to see anything from an attribution standpoint. But it's a fun, playful social media app. And I sometimes also repurpose our TikTok videos on LinkedIn. (Our highest engaged video on LinkedIn in Q3 was a TikTok we made, which I downloaded and posted.)

We've done videos such as:

• Capcut vids use trending "memes" (e.g., Pedro Pascal + Nic Cage) to insert the pain point we solve with text 
  • Startup company culture stuff
  • Overall project management humor or info (e.g., color theory for PMs)

So, I think it's fun if you have someone on your team who is excited about owning it. But it's not worth it if it means detracting from other channels. 

Edeemaxy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 28, 2023

TikTok for company promotion? I love the creativity! I dabbled in it, too, sharing behind-the-scenes snippets. It's been fun engaging with a different audience. Moreover, you can use services like getlikes.com. How about you? Any Atlassian insights or tips to swap? Let's navigate this TikTok journey together!

Talha Minhas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 12, 2024

Utilizing TikTok for company promotion has been an exciting venture for me, especially due to its creative nature. I've enjoyed sharing behind-the-scenes snippets, and engaging with a diverse audience. 

Have you considered experimenting with trending capcut templates in your content strategy? Utilizing these popular templates in your reels adds a dynamic and trendy touch to your videos, attracting more attention and potentially expanding your reach.

Keith
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 17, 2024

As an Atlassian partner, while TikTok may seem unconventional for business promotion, exploring its potential could be akin to navigating lawn care laws😉  – it's about finding the right balance. Just as we aim to comply with regulations while maintaining a healthy lawn, on TikTok, we strive for authentic engagement while staying true to our brand. Let's discuss how we can harness TikTok's power to reach new audiences, much like maintaining lawns enhances curb appeal.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events