Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i report a scam from the company

Hope Iyere
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 25, 2024

I signed a contract with the company and was given a task to perform and wasn't paid

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2024

Hi @Hope Iyere 

I'm not sure who you might have been speaking with.  However we are aware that there are other reports of fake accounts being created within external services such as telegram or gmail where the individuals assert themselves to be representing Atlassian or our Atlassian Community.

You can see a similar thread over in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Re-Do-you-hire-data-entry-jobs-at-telegram-using-the-acc/qaq-p/2545812/comment-id/154205#M154205

If this matches your experience, I would recommend that you do not engage with the user any longer.  Also reporting that account to the service provider they are using can at least prevent other users from being scammed by the same account.

gerson moran
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 14, 2024

Hi, someone contacted me through WhatsApp with the following message 

“This is Atlassian Community service! We are urgently recruiting in search of a flexible, qualified and fast Data entry clerk to work on our Organizations Authorized Projects Work..

What's your name and country ?” 

how can I confirm it is not a scam? I don’t want to waist 5 days of my life working on it

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2024

It's a scam.  We don't use whatsapp for employment opportunities.  Could you please report that account?  It's impersonating us.  https://faq.whatsapp.com/414631957536067?helpref=faq_content has steps you can follow to block/report that account.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events