Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i change "Business" Type to "Software" Type in Jira Localhost?

Rifqi M_ Riefard
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 12, 2024

Screenshot 2024-06-12 144028.png

I am researching the kanban board feature in Jira, I intend to create a plugin that can modify the Jira kanban board. I use the Atlassian Plugin SDK with atlas version 8.2.10, AMPS Version 8.14.3, Apache Maven Version 3.9.5, and Jira version 8.20.0.

I experienced problems with not being able to find the kanban board when running the Jira application on localhost. I tried looking for answers in the community and found that when creating a project, the project type must be "Software" while the default option in my Jira Localhost is "Business". I have followed all the steps up to selecting the project type. I only have the Business option on Jira localhost and there is no Software type, I attach the related screenshot. Is there any suggestion on how I can get the Software options on this Jira Localhost type project or is there a way how I can modify the Kanban Board in Jira?

1 answer

0 votes
Kseniia Trushnikova
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2024

Hi @Rifqi M_ Riefard,

Looks like you've installed Jira Core only. To create Software projects, you need Jira Software.

To install Jira Software, please refer to the Installing Jira applications guide. Hope it helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events