Love Insight on Prem, Struggle with Insight in Cloud

tokcum
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2021

Hi,

I'm used to Insight in on Premise hosted Jira instances for years and found the integration of Jira into Insight and vice versa very powerful.

For one of my customers I evaluate a migration to Cloud and are quite disappointed about the features the Jira - Insight integration offers there. But maybe I miss something, so here is my question:

The customer has implemented a Service catalog in Insight. It also documents which user has booked which service. There is also a VIP service. Users who have booked this service get different SLAs and higher priority within Jira Service Desk.

When an issue is raised I use an automation rule to determine if the user is a VIP user and set specific fields in the issue. What I found to be straight forward in Jira on Prem, I do not see how to implement that in Jira Cloud, e.g. there is no iqlFunction available.

Anybody any ideas? Thanks.

Tobias

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

Tobias,

Since Atlassian has purchased mindville and thus Insight, they are working very hard on integrating it in cloud.

I have the same issues and concerns then you, but I'm confident that the feature set will expand in the upcoming months so i would be patient for now.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events