Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data residency in France

Camille Lecerf April 9, 2021

Hi,

Is there in Atlassian Roadmap the ability to choose the country of the data residency? Will France be considered as one of them one day? 

Thanks a lot,

Regards,

Camille

5 answers

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2021

Cloud premium already has the function to pin data in an area, and that's coming to standard subscribers soon.

For France specifically, no, the data centres for Europe are Ireland and Germany (Dublin and Frankfurt from memory).  So in the EU at least.

See https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/understand-data-residency-and-realms/

1 vote
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2021

Hi @Camille Lecerf,

Good day. Welcome to Atlassian Community and Atlassian Cloud Migration Group.

Is there in Atlassian Roadmap the ability to choose the country of the data residency? Will France be considered as one of them one day? 

Here is some useful document about Data residency:

- Sri

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2021

@Camille LecerfIf you have strict data residency requirements, it is also good to understand that not all data are covered by data residency.  For example user data (i.e. Atlassian user account data) are not covered, and are stored in the US as I understand.

0 votes
RJ Gazarek
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2021

Thanks everyone for jumping in and helping! You all are awesome :) 

Hi @Camille Lecerf

I'm the Product Manager for Data Residency specifically!  So as others have pointed out, we do not currently have France as a location for Data Residency on our roadmap at this time.  One of the primary reasons for this is because we do offer an EU-based Data Residency option.  The data centers there are located in Dublin, Ireland and Frankfurt, Germany. 

Since those are within the European Union, of which of course France is part of,  our customers in France have indicated that this is a perfectly acceptable option for them.  

If that is not true for your company, I would love to understand why in more detail.  You can share that with me here, in an email at rgazarek@atlassian.com, or you can join our private closed discussion group at: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Cloud-Security-Compliance/gh-p/cloud-security-compliance and share more details there if you would like.

I'd love to learn more!

~ RJ

0 votes
Miles B.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2021

Hey @Camille Lecerf , in addition to the great resources shared above, you can also get more info and sign up for updates at atlassian.com/software/data-residency for when Data Residency will be rolling out to Standard/Premium cloud plans and as additional regions are added. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events