Populating Custom fields via Quick Subtasks

Katherine B April 15, 2014

I have seen other questions regarding custom fields but they are more on the creating of these fields. I have been able to populate some custom fields with Quick Subtasks but what is the limitation in it not populating others. I have tried different projects and been successful but one of my projects it will not create the sub-tasks at all. There is a custom field that is required but even when trying to populate that it does not work.

On the custom field do we need to remove the 'space' between words?

This is an amazing plugin and cant wait to implement but will need to wait until we can populate these customs fields.

3 answers

0 votes
Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2014

Do you know how to populate assignment group custome single value group picker field using Quick Sub Task

0 votes
Micha Kops
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2014

Hi again,

now there is an early alpha allowing you to inherit custom fields from the parent issue - if you're interested, please feel free to have a look at it here: https://bitbucket.org/hascode/jira-quick-subtasks/issue/39/inherit-custom-fields-from-parent-issue

Vishal Kumar Srivastava May 10, 2020

Hi @Micha Kops

I want to populate custom fields of type select list. When I use "@inherit" it works for me if custom field in Parent issue has some value. 

What should I do if I need to populate some other value for custom field of type select list?

Regards,

Vishal

0 votes
Micha Kops
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2014

Hi Katherine,

I've not quite grasped what you're trying to do. The plugin does not support writing or reading custom fields atm but it allows you to set different issue properties - a complete list of its features is documented in the plugin's wiki.

If you'd like to open a feature request, please feel free to add it (if not already existing) to the plugin's issue tracker.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance for you!

Best regards,

Micha

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events