Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Definition feature - Feedback

Simon Chalifoux June 27, 2024

Hi guys, I just wanted to pass along some feedback we got from our users in Jira in relation to the AI Definition feature.  A few of them are finding the automated underlining of words to be a bit annoying and I know some would disable it if they were able to. We obviously don't want to turn off the whole Atlassian Intelligence suite, but people are reporting that the  blue underlining will put emphasis on word that are not necessarily importants in sentences and definition of words are not that helpful in our context so far. People seems to prefer emphasis to be intended when they write. 

Let me know if you think there is a a better place to post the feedback :) 

image.png

3 comments

Comment

Izzy Kohout
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2024

Hello Simon!

I'm Izzy, the PM for our AI Definitions feature. Thank you for the feedback! We have a setting in Confluence at the moment that allows individual users to enable/disable definition highlights, and are working hard to get this rolled out into Jira as well.

Once the setting is rolled out, users in Jira will see a meatball menu in the top right corner, and be able to disable highlights by clicking here and toggling them off, without impacting the experience of other users in the same site. 

Cheers, Izzy

Like Daniella Latham likes this
Simon Chalifoux July 2, 2024

Excellent, thank you for the heads-up!

Like # people like this
Ryan Whitney
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 10, 2024

Glad to hear there is a way to turn off the definition highlights - however, is there any way to do this at the organization level instead of the individual? Or is there a plan to add this as a configuration option for the AI feature?

For my company it's less concern with it being annoying, but more that it's often wrong and there's a concern it will drive further confusion/mis-understanding across our organization. 

The downside is that we have turned off AI for Confluence for now :/ - Which means we are unable to make use of the other features, which there is some interest within the company. 

Like # people like this
Izzy Kohout
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2024

Hello @Ryan Whitney , thank you for this feedback. Currently there is no feature-level toggle for AI within each product, but we're investigating what this would take to build currently.

I'll make sure to update you if/when we decide to proceed with building this enablement pattern!

Cheers, Izzy

Like Alfred Pamplona likes this
Chris Morse July 15, 2024

We have also decided to turn off AI because this feature often returns confusing and incorrect information. We would very much like to use the other AI features but without a way to disable AI definitions it's a non-starter. 

Like Alfred Pamplona likes this
Alfred Pamplona
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 23, 2024

Thanks @Izzy Kohout .  When will the setting be rolled out? 

Izzy Kohout
Atlassian Team
July 30, 2024

Hi @Alfred Pamplona - we believe it will land in product mid-August!

Graham Moore July 29, 2024

If anyone's interested, I have a suggestion created for more granular control over AI features, which you can vote on here

Like Izzy Kohout likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events