Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Work Breakdown Now Available in Beta!

Are you tired of spending hours breaking down epics into user stories, writing acceptance criteria and, generating descriptions for every single issue? Say goodbye to tedious and repetitive tasks with AI Work Breakdown powered by Atlassian Intelligence.

Since our last update, we’ve taken your feedback on board and are thrilled to announce that the new and improved AI Work Breakdown feature is now available in Beta! 🎉

With just a few clicks, you can generate suggested child issues complete with summaries and descriptions. No more manual creation of separate tickets or filling in details repeatedly. Save time and increase efficiency with AI Work Breakdown.

Generate issue suggestions with a single click

Click on the Suggest Child Issues button in the issue view and watch the magic unfold as AI Work Breakdown uses the issue information to suggest child issues.

Screenshot 2024-08-22 at 11.49.37 AM.png

Accept, deny and edit suggestions

Once issue suggestions have been generated, you can…

1. Accept or discard suggestions inline

2. Change the issue type

3. Edit the suggested issue and add extra information before creating the issue

Screenshot 2024-08-22 at 11.51.44 AM.png

Refine suggestions to meet your needs

Easily customise suggestions to better meet your needs by entering a custom prompt to refine child issues generated.

Screenshot 2024-08-22 at 11.52.33 AM.png

Learn more about AI Work Breakdown and other exciting AI features in Jira here. Try out AI Work Breakdown in Jira today and revolutionize the way you manage your projects! 🌟

We’d love to hear from you!

We can't wait to hear your feedback! Feel free to share your thoughts and feedback on this post or via the thumbs up/down when you use the feature. Your input is invaluable to us as we strive to enhance your Jira experience.

Getting started with Atlassian Intelligence in Jira

AI Work Breakdown will be available exclusively to Jira Cloud Premium and Enterprise customers. Whether your organization is already on either plan or is interested in upgrading plans to gain access to these capabilities, please refer to the resources below to get started with AI:

12 comments

Comment

Huwen Arnone _Deiser_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 27, 2024

I tried it the other day, and seeing how AI develops within Atlassian products is exciting. 

Like Aditi Venkatesh likes this
Colin Hammond August 27, 2024

Breaking down Epics into user stories is very useful. For software work, checking that those user stories align with all the others in the set, requires functional analysis that we have been perfecting over the last 5 years, see Story Analyser for Jira

Ravi Gupta
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 27, 2024

I tried it and it worked like a charm. A very useful feature indeed, will save lot of time from the teams creating the epics and stories manually. Looking forward to more such development from Atlassian.

Nikolaus Varzakakos _Qlerify_ August 27, 2024

This is a great idea! AI will give us so many smart features. I am personally very interested in new AI features that can enhance and simplify software development, At my company, Qlerify, we are continually adding more and more AI features to improve the integration with Jira.

Peter Rohne August 27, 2024

Will this be available in my One Atlassian demo instance? I tried today and it wasn't there.

Thanks

Dunlap, Mark J August 28, 2024

Really excited to try this out.  I've seen competing capabilities that allow you to add specific context from Confluence pages before generating suggestions.  Does this support that?

Kelly Stocker
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 29, 2024

Great post! Thanks Aditi!

Carmelle Ngalamulume August 30, 2024

Such insightful information! 

Aditi Venkatesh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2024

Hi @Dunlap, Mark J thanks for your feedback.

At this stage, we do not use context from Confluence pages included in the issue description when suggesting child issues. I'm interested to learn more about your use cases, feel free to book in some time if you're interested in having a chat via this link: https://calendly.com/avenkatesh/45-minute-meeting.

Cheers, 

Aditi

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 9, 2024

Glad to see this hit beta, @Aditi Venkatesh

Here's a shareable video version of the news!

Tilman Ulshoefer September 26, 2024

How cool is that.

Would also love to see the generation of Acceptance Criteria in Gherkin supported!

William _Bill_ Klein October 7, 2024

Really like this feature!
Any ETA for official release?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events