How can I view a dashboard as an end user?

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

I'm our site admin, and I'm the one creating data connections and dashboards. Is there any way I can view a dashboard the way one of my end users would (i.e. without the controls)? 

I've tried using the Log In as User feature in Jira, but it doesn't seem to carry over to Analytics.

1 answer

1 vote
Skyler Ataide
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2023

Hi Esther!

While there isn't currently a "Log In as User" feature identical to Jira available in Atlassian Analytics, there are a couple workarounds that I can think of that should help you view the dashboard similar to an end user. Here are a few suggestions:

1. You can export the dashboard as a PDF file. PDF exports of dashboards will lock in the variable controls with the values that you selected as the dashboard admin prior to export. 
  2. You can copy the link to the dashboard, and post it on a Confluence page, Jira ticket, etc. as a Smart Link. You can then select the Embedded view for the Smart Link. This will display the dashboard with the controls locked with the values that you selected on the dashboard at the time the link was copied. 

Embedded_Analytics_Dashboard.png

Hopefully this helps! 

Cheers, 

Skyler

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events