Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal server error on bulk change (Jira Cloud Free)

Martin Grønland May 4, 2021

Hi. From the issue view I apply a filter and start a bulk change operation to transition a group of issues from one status to another. 

When I click "Next"-button to perform the operation I get an internal server error.

"Something went wrong

Try reloading the page, then check our Statuspage  for any current outages. If there are no relevant outages, create a support request  so we can help you out.

If you create a request, include the following so we can help you as fast as possible:

• Error type: 500 - Internal server error"

In addition I get a log reference. Anywhere I can read more information based on this log reference?

This is the bulk change operation triggered .../secure/views/bulkedit/BulkWorkflowTransitionDetails.jspa

Hope someone can help or point me in the right direction here. Thanks.

Br,

Martin

1 answer

0 votes
Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2021

It's always good to check the Atlassian Status Page when odd things like this happen, just in case there is a known incident in progress (in which case "try it later" is suggested).

I looked back to early May 2021 for Jira and didn't see anything related.

For others experiencing something like this, one suggestion is to try to manually transition just one issue (or a few of them), to ensure that the workflow and project configuration is working as expected.

You're likely to get a better user error when manually updating one issue. Examples here include misconfigured workflows (esp. conditions and validators), transition screens, and even field visibility problems.

I'm assuming, since it's been a while, that you've gotten past this problem. Feel free to share back what worked for you. Best wishes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events