Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Domain verification using TXT record verifies and then supersedes Edited

Hello - I have setup SAML integration to our Atlassian account using Google as an IDP. However, to do this, Atlassian requires to verify domain. 

I added a TXT record as per instructions and it verifies, however, after some time (assuming post TTL propagation), it reverts to a status called SUPERSEDED.

I cannot do a HTTPS verification as I don't have SSL Setup on the domain yet. Also, I understand this can be a DNS related issue, but if anyone has any insight, please let me know how to resolve this.

Domain was purchased on enom(via google) and the NS sits in Route 53 (AWS), where the TXT record has been added along with few other entries. 

1 answer

0 votes
Vasi Atlassian Team Feb 17, 2019

Hey there,

I am not sure if that is going to help much, however I can confirm that in most of the cases "SUPERSEDED" is caused by the fact that continuous check of domain's TXT record is failing for some reason.

Thus, crucial detail here is how you configured TTL of the TXT record. Recommended value is 86400 as per this documentation:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/verify-a-domain-for-your-organization-873871234.html

However I would assume that there could be certain scenarios where it should be changed.
Unfortunately I cannot recommend some specific value here, however it could work to try to change it to a higher or lower TTL.

Hope this helps!

Do let me know how it goes and if it was possible to address this case.

Thanks,
Vasily

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Atlassian Access

We're launching improved navigation for admins

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is Avni Barman and I am a Product Manager on the Atlassian Access team! One of my top priorities is to help make the administrator's life easier through improved pro...

677 views 0 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you