Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain verification using TXT record verifies and then supersedes

Dev Pathi January 23, 2019

Hello - I have setup SAML integration to our Atlassian account using Google as an IDP. However, to do this, Atlassian requires to verify domain. 

I added a TXT record as per instructions and it verifies, however, after some time (assuming post TTL propagation), it reverts to a status called SUPERSEDED.

I cannot do a HTTPS verification as I don't have SSL Setup on the domain yet. Also, I understand this can be a DNS related issue, but if anyone has any insight, please let me know how to resolve this.

Domain was purchased on enom(via google) and the NS sits in Route 53 (AWS), where the TXT record has been added along with few other entries. 

1 answer

0 votes
Vasi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2019

Hey there,

I am not sure if that is going to help much, however I can confirm that in most of the cases "SUPERSEDED" is caused by the fact that continuous check of domain's TXT record is failing for some reason.

Thus, crucial detail here is how you configured TTL of the TXT record. Recommended value is 86400 as per this documentation:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/verify-a-domain-for-your-organization-873871234.html

However I would assume that there could be certain scenarios where it should be changed.
Unfortunately I cannot recommend some specific value here, however it could work to try to change it to a higher or lower TTL.

Hope this helps!

Do let me know how it goes and if it was possible to address this case.

Thanks,
Vasily

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events