cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access admin account via email alias

Dorin David
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 8, 2024

I signed up to Atlassian using the alias of my Google Workspace email account. Everything worked correctly, I was able to add new products and link Google with Atlassian, so I could easily manage users. But I might have not understood correctly how email aliases work in Atlassian. After giving permissions to the users in my organization, I logged in via Google auth to Bitbucket. Bear in mind that the email I used to sign up, admin@myorganization.com, is an alias of my-name@myorganization.com (in other words, I invited myself to collaborate; I just wanted to use name@myorganization.com to work in Bitbucket). Suddenly, I couldn't log in using admin@myorganization.com using the password I set in the browser. It says that no account exists for that email.

I effectively lost the capacity to login as admin; so I cannot manage subscriptions, products, and users. Is there a way to reset this? Could it be that the Google auth reset the initial email signup? I'm blocked, I can't subscribe to a paid plan due to the above technical issue, so I cannot get a technical support. Can anyone help?
Thank you for your time!

1 answer

0 votes
Jehan Bhathena
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2024

Hi @Dorin David 

Would suggest raising a ticket to https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

They can help you regain access to the account.

Would also suggest login into admin.atlassian.net this is the common admjn portal for Atlassian tools on their cloud platform.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events