is there a way to configure Atlas email updates ?

Mona Slaunwhite February 12, 2024

Hello,

Several followers on our Atlas project are receiving emails every time someone adds an update, a new decision, a new risk etc.. and this is in addition to the weekly digest. 

Most users only want to receive the weekly digest and not receive an email every time someone adds an update. Can this be configured somehow ?

We are trying to get our teams to adopt the use of Atlas, but the frequent emails are annoying several team members. 

Appreciate any advice. 

Thank you !

1 answer

1 vote
Nicola Sun
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2024

Hi Mona, email configurations are only available for digests and reminders today. 

I have added your feedback to our backlog and will work with the team to prioritise. 

Jesper March 11, 2024

Just want to add... Been using it for a couple of weeks now, and already starting to add filters in my inbox to achieve all the emails coming from Atlas.
Every single comment is a new mail, other team members are talking about unfollowing the projects altogether. 

It's so much noise, to an already noisy day.

So I really hope this is sorted out soon. 

Taronish Pithawala March 21, 2024

We too have had executives who want to receive the weekly digest unfollow projects because they receive too many emails about new learnings, etc.

This is becoming a huge blocker to adoption for us. The tools are great - the "follower" experience is awful! 

Like Paavo P_ likes this
Paavo P_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 27, 2024

Yep, it seems that these emails are also mixing the information, e.g. in this example the user created a risk, but the notification is talking about new learning?

It's a bit hard to troubleshoot, since there is no way how to re-configure these email templates? 🙄

example-how-Atlas-is-mixing-up-notifications-between-risks-and-learnings-for-example.png

Mona Slaunwhite May 13, 2024

just checking in to see if there has been any progress on this; most of our team has now abandoned the use of Atlas due to this issue

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events