Status updates from project contributors

blake.davies October 11, 2022

Any solutions for sharing contributor specific updates within a project? 

Scenario - I am a change manager on a project. My metrics for tracking success / change status updates are different from that of a project/product owner.

I am trying to help my manager (Change Lead) see an Enterprise view across all projects that call out those Change success metrics. 

If I tag the projects as with the tag 'Change Management' and instruct them to follow that topic, they'll receive the project specific updates - as a pose to the change specific updates. 

Currently tracking status in Confluence which is very manual. Looking for a solution using Atlas so everything is in one place.

Thought about creating seperate projects specific for Change e.g. Web Development_Change but that seems counter intuitive for why Atlas will work so well.

Open to any suggestions  

1 answer

3 votes
Rachel Lin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2022

Hi Blake! I'm Rachel, a product manager on Atlas. 

This is an interesting one. When it comes to "change success metrics" is there usually an update, or mainly some kind of progress metric that is communicated? 

Often, we'd recommend breaking it out into its own projects that are linked as related projects to the product owner's Atlas project. This helps a different stakeholder consume a different form of content. 

However, in your case, I can see you've unlocked value from tagging those projects so your manager can easily visit the topic feed and catch up on everything they need to know. 

At the moment, you can't have multiple owners of a project. We believe in having a full-time owner who is closest to the work, who is assigned as the project owner. 

What I can recommend for now is if you are added as a contributor to the projects, you can go into the update each week after it has been created to edit and add a detailed note, where you can include the additional context around change success metrics. 

Does that help? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events