Limit Access to Team Central to Pilot group of users

Farai Donhwe April 29, 2021

Hi Team.

Is it possible to limit access to this pluggin to a subset of users while we pilot it?

Essentially we have internal business processes that need this to be evaluated on our Jira cloud instance with a limited group of users first before we can allow everyone on the platform access to it.

Thanks in advance,

F

1 answer

3 votes
Eric
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2021

Hi @Farai Donhwe ,

We're finishing up this functionality.

In a couple of weeks, you will be able to restrict Team Central's access to individuals and groups through the Admin Hub (Same as how you control Jira and Confluence).

We will announce this change here in the community, so stay tuned!

Cheers,

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2021

@Eric- thank you, I was coming here to ask something similar.  Will the Admin hub provide functionality that is comparable to Jira's permission schemes, where each project/goal will have a permission scheme which will then allow for granular access control?

Eric
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2021

Hi @Rob Horan ,

Allowing content permission is definitely something on our radar, but probably not something we'll do in the near future. Would love to hear more about your use case though.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2021

Hi @Eric ,

As part of a solution partner, I am looking towards helping customers with their configuratation, in addition to trying to come up with ways we could potentially use it internally to share information with customers.  In either case there will need to be confidentiality walls to ensure a customer cannot see the sensitive content of other teams.

Even without being part of a solution partner, I spent a long time in eDiscovery/legal, so in my mind, ALL content is potentially sensitive and/or privileged, and access control is a bare minimum for any tool to be considered, even within one's own organization.  Complete transparency simply isn't realistic.

Like Eric likes this
Eoin Flynn July 26, 2021

@Ericis there any update on when the Admin Hub controls are set to launch? It would be great to be able to restrict access while we're still trailing the tool.

Eric
Atlassian Team
July 27, 2021

Hi @Eoin Flynn,

We've uncovered some issues that have to be fixed before we can release this work. I can't give a deadline but we're definitely several weeks away from finishing this up.

I'd be keen to learn more about your need and see if there's anything we can do to help in the meantime. Please feel free to hit me up at esaboia@atlassian.com.

Adam September 2, 2021

@Eric - I see, in our site, that Product Access restrictions are now available for Team Central. This now provides an ability for us to try out Team Central in a more restricted manner, thanks!!!

Two feedback items/issues:

1. We're not able to deselect "New users have access to this product". We receive a "Could not set the default state of this prod..." toast message - IMO: This is a security risk during beta testing if someone is added to the site who shouldn't see Team Central content; I could say the same with the Default Access Group being populated by all site users but I understand why that was done.
  2. "Team Central (Beta)" still shows up in the Application Navigator menu for users without access - IMO: Minor UX issue
Roger
Atlassian Team
September 3, 2021

Hey @Adam Benfer!

I'm one of the developer on Team Central that is working on the Admin Hub / User Management integration. 

I see, in our site, that Product Access restrictions are now available

Let me start by saying, you noticed fast!

You must be first person to noticed that we're rolling out Admin Hub / User Management for Team Central. For a matter of fact, we started the rollout 2 days ago and it's only been rolled out to a handful of customers so far.

Offical comms will be coming soon!

We're not able to deselect "New users have access to this product".

Yep, that's was a bug and it's been fixed. The fix is making its way through the pipeline and should land in production early next week. 

"Team Central (Beta)" still shows up in the Application Navigator menu for users without access 

When you get a chance, could you take a screenshot and provide the account id of the user? 

One way to find the account id is to asking that user to navigate to here.  

There are some locations on the switcher that will show products that are joinable. I'd like to confirm whether that's intentional or a bug. 

In the meantime, thanks for the feedback and have a great rest of the week!

- Roger

Adam September 3, 2021

Hello @Roger ,

It must have been random luck to see it yesterday. 

Thanks for the updates, I'll keep an eye out for further updates and news.

There are some locations on the switcher that will show products that are joinable. I'd like to confirm whether that's intentional or a bug. 

It's not under the join sub-heading.  I've sent the additional details you requested to @Eric via email.

Have a great weekend!

-Adam

Like # people like this
Roger
Atlassian Team
September 9, 2021

Hey @Adam Benfer!

Just following up on our previous message

I've sent the additional details

Thanks for sending that through!

I did an investigation and that's intended behaviour due to the limitation of the previous user management model. That said, you'll be glad to know that we've rolled everyone onto the new model and as a result Atlassian Switcher now factors in product access. 

The fix is making its way through the pipeline and should land in production early next week. 

This landed into production on Monday. Please reach out if you're still having issues. 

Have a great rest of the week! 

- Roger

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events