How to report on all projects (or epics) associated to a Goal

Monty Bhatia August 11, 2023

Hi there, hope you are doing great.

Is there a way to run a report that tells me for any given goal all the projects/epics associated to it in JIRA?

Ideally via jql so I can run dashboards accordingly, however even within Atlas itself wondering if there is a way to show this.

Apologies if this is already discussed but I couldnt find info from searching; possibly not asking the right question.

Thanks!

1 answer

3 votes
Kristy Donaldson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2023

Hi @Monty Bhatia 

We don't yet have a solution that will help see this in Jira. We are, however, exploring different surfaces in which your problem might be solved more easily. I will make sure I capture your request around JQL, as this sounds really useful. 

Currently from Atlas, you're able to see all the projects directly related to a goal under the 'About' tab. Soon, we will give you visibility of the objects that are linked to a goal i.e. Atlas project, Atlas sub-goals with contributing projects, and Jira issues. 

We can loop back here once it's been shipped and hopefully, this will help your use case. 

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 1, 2024

Thanks for the response. Just a small comment: I think the projects are listed under the 'projects' tab, not the 'about' tab. It would be great if it could be customizable to be able to see the list of projects on the right panel, but it's not a big deal. It works! :-) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events