Atlas Manager Field in JSM?

Ken Szymanski November 3, 2023

I'm wondering if the manager field, once synced with our Idp, could be used in JQL or referenced in automations. 

Also, would that manager field be visible in JSM projects when I look at the reporter's profile from the ticket? 

Appreciate any assistance! 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Josh Devenny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2023

Hi @Ken Szymanski - unfortunately not yet. Absolutely something in our vision and on our backlog, but not something we've got to just yet.

Do you mind if I ask what you would do with the field if you had it in JSW / JSM?

Ken Szymanski November 30, 2023

Hi Josh, apologies for the delayed response. 

1. For sending an email to the manager of the reporter when the reporter submits a project request OR automatically add the reporter's manager to the approver field of a project request. Basically, any ticket that requires approval or communication with a manager, it would be more efficient for the SD agents if that field was available in a JSM ticket.

2. We currently use Azure Attributes sync to view the reporter's manager but having this feature built-in is always preferable.

Appreciate your response for feedback!

-Ken

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events