Adding self as team contributor, rather than individual, on newly created projects?

Joel March 18, 2023

When creating a project, it automatically sets the creator to be both the owner, and a contributor.

Unfortunately though, when the project is made part of a goal, this does not affect the "Teams" field on the goal. This is because the creator is an individual contributor, not a team contributor.

To appear in the goals teams list, you must click Add Contributors, select your team, and then yourself within that team.

Contributors.png

This is a hassle, and really easy to forget, making all sorts of features around Atlas fairly redundant/incomplete (projects a team is working on, teams contributing to a goal, etc.)

Am I missing something here?
Is everyone manually doing this step?

Is there a way to automatically associate users with a team?

Thanks for the help,
Joel

2 answers

1 vote
Jan-Hendrik Spieth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2023

Yes, we're doing this manually. Or rather, we should. And indeed, I checked and found we forgot to set this on several projects ...

So far, it didn't get into our way too much, because we're not yet really paying attention to the team directory pages.

I can only confirm that this an issue - if the team page is supposed to be useful.

0 votes
Pankaj Jangid
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2023

Which product of Atlassian you are asking this question for? Please tag it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events