Adding epic with child tasks to a goal?

Lisa Ness January 17, 2024

I love the idea around Atlas but am finding it very difficult to manage when there's a whole set of tickets that contribute to a goal.  Is there any way to link both an epic AND its child tasks to a goal in Atlas?  The only way I can figure out how to do that today is to manually add each individual child task to the goal in Atlas, which is not scalable when a goal could have 5+ epics with 20+ child tasks in each epic to track.  Can I bulk add tasks to a goal?  Or even better, can all of the child tasks be included automatically when the epic is added?  It doesn't seem logical that the tasks that fall within the hierarchy of an epic aren't included in the goal by default.  

1 answer

1 vote
Mark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2024

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your feedback! It definitely does make sense to have child issues inherit the goals of their parent epics/initiatives etc. and this functionality is in our backlog. However, I can see downsides to displaying all of those linked tasks on the goal itself; doing so could add a lot of clutter of noise. My feeling is that right solution would be to have child issues inherit a goal connection but probably only show down the epic level on the goal itself. Would that approach work for you?

Thanks,

Mark

Ananth Subramanian January 29, 2024

@Mark is there a way to do what you suggest?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events