Visualisations used in traditional status reporting

Arnd Layer May 3, 2021

How about offering visualisations used in traditional status reporting like traffic lights or harvey balls so that target audiences can easier transition?

1 comment

Comment

Mary Raleigh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2021

Hi @Arnd Layer ,

We're big into color coding on the Team Central, in fact I color code most things in my life not just status reports wink

The top of your personalized updates feed color codes your projects by status, PLUS it's clickable, so click the status you're interested in and it will instantly filter your feed to show just projects with that status. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 11.54.58 AM.png

We also color code the status timeline at the top of your project's homepage. So you can see can get a quick glance of the project's history of statuses. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 11.57.22 AM.png

This timeline is powered by our color-coded status picker that we ask you to review every week as you write your 280 character update. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 11.58.23 AM.png

And all of these traffic lights are available for tracking both your projects and your goals! We don't use Harvey Balls as part of the project metadata, but I like your idea! It could be a good visual to attach to a weekly update!

Like # people like this
Arnd Layer May 4, 2021

Many companies do status reporting in a set of categories which is defined by them, e.g.

• time, scope and budget 
  • risk
Like simonstampfli likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events