cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates Roll-up

Sankarasubramanian Subramanian
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 22, 2023

Hi All,

I am fairly new to Atlas and would like to know if the updates done on the Project Level roll-up to the sub-goals and goals level?

1 comment

Comment

Mark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2023

Hi Sankarasubramanian,

Thanks for the question. Updates do not currently roll up; we believe that goals and sub goals benefit from written updates from their owners, instead of updates for parent objects automatically rolling up from their children.

At the moment you can see the status of sub goals and projects when on a goal, but we understand that it would be helpful to get more context. Thus, whilst we do think updates should be written we should do more to provide context, and surface the updates from sub goals and projects as additional context to help you when writing an update. The team is thinking through the best way to achieve this at the moment, so hopefully we'll have an update for you soon.

Thanks,

Mark

howard.robson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 28, 2024

I was expecting some kind of roll up at the project level, at least.  If I filter projects by a Goal, it doesn't show me any projects that are linked to a Sub-Goal of that Goal, which feels counter intuitive.  If I have to always add the Goal and the Sub-Goal to every project that feels like quite a bit of redundancy.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events