Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing of the manager attribute into Atlas with Azure AD is not working

Shiv Sharma July 28, 2023

Even after following instructions to sync the manager attribute into Atlas with Azure AD (https://intercom.help/atlas-by-atlassian/en/articles/6872562-how-to-sync-the-manager-attribute-into-atlas-with-azure-ad), we are not seeing correct reporting lines in Atlas.
What else needs to be done?

We see a placeholder for employee's manager with "Missing Profile" label and this text:

"Missing profile (Looks like that person doesn’t have an Atlassian account. Ask an admin to add them.)"

It happens for every employee. Obviously profiles are there. 

We confirmed that we used the correct target attribute:

urn:ietf:params:scim:schemas:extension:enterprise:2.0:User:manager

2 comments

Comment

Brice Vanderstraeten July 28, 2023

Did you put "manager" in small letter in the mapping? It's case sensitive, it was not working when I put "Manager"

manager.png

Shiv Sharma July 28, 2023

Yes, source attribute is "manager".

azure_mappings.png

It gets some/partial info but not the correct mapping as defined in the Azure AD.

rep_lines.PNG

Brice Vanderstraeten July 29, 2023

Did all your user have an access to atlas (Produc access => atlas). I don't remember when I've done the setup but I had an error i think if i don't do it

Change the manager in azure ad for one user, then provision on demand this user in azure ad and verify what is the output. You should see the value or the id of the manager. It will allow you at least to see if it's on azure ad side or Atlassian side

You can also try to add the jobtitle or department to verify the connection

Like Anish Deena likes this
Anish Deena
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2023

Thanks @Brice Vanderstraeten for helping. Always great to see the community come together :) 

Hi @Shiv Sharma , is the missing manager error showing up only for particular manager profiles or is it the case for everyone? I've shared this with my team as well to help you set this up

Eric
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2023

Hi @Shiv Sharma ,

That issue usually means that we're getting a message containing the manager info but we're unable to map that with an existing user. Are you sending the ID or email of the manager?

Can you please send us a message through the message bubble in the bottom right corner of the Atlas app? That way we can assist you more quickly.

Thanks,

Shiv Sharma July 31, 2023

@Anish Deena - the missing manager error is showing up for everyone. Thanks for looking into it.

@Eric - we are using manager as the “Source attribute” and urn:ietf:params:scim:schemas:extension:enterprise:2.0:User:manager as the “Target attribute“. I sent the message using the feedback. I don't see a way to send a text using  message bubble.

@Brice Vanderstraeten - yes, all our user have access to atlas. I believe the connection is being established because after adding manager mapping in the AD,  the reporting lines appeared, but with missing profile for manager.  I'll test with department and job title.

Thanks everyone!

Shiv.

Eric
Atlassian Team
July 31, 2023

@Shiv Sharma if you click the icon, it should open a dialog with an option to send us a message:

CleanShot 2023-08-01 at 09.20.01@2x.png

Like Shiv Sharma likes this
Shiv Sharma August 1, 2023

@Eric - Option to send message is not available to me. Maybe because ours is the free version?

Atlas_help_menu.PNG.

Eric
Atlassian Team
August 1, 2023

@Shiv Sharma my apologies. We've found an issue that was preventing some customers from sending us messages.

Could you please try again? you might have to logout/login if you don't see it right away.

Thanks!

Eric
Atlassian Team
August 8, 2023

hey @Shiv Sharma , just checking again to see if you can now send us messages.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events