Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlas - what is the best way to set up a way for your manager to see a weekly update of projects?

Michele A_ Fisher February 13, 2024

I am new to Atlas.  We have many projects in JIRA.  I want to set up an easy dashboard in Atlas for him to get weekly updates.

3 comments

Comment

Matthew McGarity February 13, 2024

The Project Updates screen should work for this.  Each project your manager is following will show up here.

Alternatively, you can label each project, and your manager can follow the topic that corresponds to the label.  The Topic screen (navigate to https://team.atlassian.com/topics, then drill down on an individual topic) is similar to the Project Updates screen, but I prefer its presentation (tighter, more-focused).  

This might be easier, since they can follow the label and project owners can handle adding the label vs. your manager having to keep up with following several projects.

Like # people like this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2024

Yes, I agree. Weekly updates can be easily managed from the Updates section for each project.

Topics are one of my favorite functionalities in Atlas. If you set the tags for projects you can group or aggregate them under the 'Topics' section. You can also do this for goals. The list of projects under 'Topics' can be represented as a table or a timeline. 'Topics' also has a tab for updates that aggregate all the updates for the projects labeled with the same tag.

Like # people like this
Andrew February 13, 2024

Agree and the same use case that I am looking to use in our organisation. One challenge to call out using this approach is because tags/labels are free to anyone to create it gets tough to manage and maintain a format, i.e you end up with multiple tags for the same things.

I have raised an enhancement request with Atlas team to consider adding solutions to help better manage this. 

Andrew Hammond
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2024

Hey @Michele A_ Fisher thanks for trying out Atlas! Big +1 to the suggestions already posted here but I'd also recommend checking out https://www.atlassian.com/loop/about and review it with your manager.

The rhythms of teamwork, powered by Atlas, require being bought into the broader cultural framework of how project comms should work. This is exactly why we made the loop site to help folks go through that journey of cultural change. Keen to hear how you go with it! 

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Andrew February 13, 2024

Another approach could be creating custom filters on Goals or Projects for the things that you are specifically interested in. Once these filters have been created, other then the filters being added to either the Goal Or Project screens, they also automatically get added to the Home page in the section called Updates feeds

Michele A_ Fisher February 14, 2024

Thank you for sharing.  I reviewed this this morning - https://www.atlassian.com/loop/about

Like Andrew Hammond likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events