Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tempo-Estimated Versus Remaining Report Does Not Match What Is on the Jira Ticket

Clare Lawson July 25, 2024

Hello!

What am I doing wrong?  I have never been able to reconcile this issue.  My logged Time Versus Estimated never matches what is on the Jira ticket.  

The report shows logged as 31.92 but in Jira it shows 53 hours.  Help :) Screenshot 2024-07-25 102828.pngScreenshot 2024-07-25 102711.png

2 comments

Comment

Stéphane Veraart July 25, 2024

Hi @Clare Lawson

Few questions before we are going to try and answer the question:

- Are you using Jira native time logging or Tempo time logging?

- If the 2nd is the case, have you disabled native Jira time logging?

- When you're using planning are you syncing Individual and Team plans with Jira Issues?

I think it is important to say that Jira and Tempo basically are 2 independent sets of data in terms of time and logging - so if time is logged in both or partially in one or the other data can get out of sync or lead to incorrect information in your reports.

To get the best support I would recommend contacting one of the Tempo product experts themselves via this link: https://www.tempo.io/demo

Clare Lawson July 25, 2024

hi Stephane,

I have no idea what this is! 

I guess I need to do more research on this. Should they both be checked?

Screenshot 2024-07-25 113146.png

Stéphane Veraart July 26, 2024

Hi Clare, it depends on what you want to accomplish:

- Logging time through Jira default/standard

- Logging time through Tempo Timesheets

Mahmut Çalışkan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 26, 2024

Hi @Clare Lawson 

In the collaborators section, you can see only the efforts belonging to the issue you are viewing.

But the time tracking section shows the total efforts including the subtasks or child issues. There can a be case here that there are efforts logged in subtasks or child issues here.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events