Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to direct a customers' response to question a or b based on a custom form in JSD

Barry Critchley March 16, 2020

Is it possible to have interdependencies within a issue in JSD?

Based on the response to question 1. I want to direct to eiher question 1.a or 1.b.

E.G.

A)Do you travel by train

B)Do you travel by Car

If (A) Then go to part 2

If (B) Then go to part 3

ANy help would be appreciated

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2020

Hello @Barry Critchley

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, I understand you would like to move the tickets open by your customers based on the answer they add in a first form, so the ticket would have a different way and fields to be set depending on that form. Is that correct?

I believe there are two ways to achieve your goal without needing any apps:

1 - Use multiple request types/issue types:

You can use multiple issue types to define different workflows in your project, defining them to customer request types that inform in their name or description when the customer should select it.

2 - Have two possible ways in your workflow:

Using the Value field condition to determine which way the issue can follow, you can configure two separate ways in your workflow. These would be the steps:

1 - Configure two ways in your workflow (One for Situation A and other for situation B), both ways beginning in the first status

2 - Configure a custom field that will receive the answer from the customer (A or B)

3 - Configure the Value field condition to determine which way the issue can follow once they are created (First status), based on the answer selected in the custom field you created.

Let us know if you have any questions.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events