cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create autocomplete textbox - JSON Rest API

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2013

I am working on for autocomplete textbox for Issues populating. I plan to use - JSON like (http://jqueryui.com/autocomplete/#remote-jsonp) and url as "http://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/#id164993" ("/rest/api/2/search")

for issues autocomplete.

Is it correct approach ?

OR

"/rest/api/latest/jql/autocompletedata" this should be used ?

Also, this jquery - autocomplete did not work in my velocity template in jira so, unable to get populate list while writing in txtControl:

AJS.$( "#txtControl" ).autocomplete({
source: data
});

Thank You

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
J D
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2014

Hi @dhaval soni , Did you achived the autocomplete field? and how? regards

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2013

Have you tried

AJS.$( "#txtControl" ).autocomplete({
source: data
});
I would also suggest a more disrcrete variable name then "data".
If it still fails, check your browsers JS console for error output, andpost that as well.
dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 21, 2013

Hi Eddie, i have updated details in above question.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events