Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where I can find vmd files used by documentation theme?

ket.pjwstk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2011

Where I can find vmd files used by documentation theme?

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2011

Hi Brian,

The Documentation Theme is implemented as a Confluence plugin, so the velocity files for the theme are embedded in the doc theme plugin's JAR file. Download from here: https://plugins.atlassian.com/server/1.0/download/pluginVersion/31183

Open the jar file with any standard zip or archive manager utility (such as 7-zip) and you'll be able to extract the .vm and .vmd files out of the JAR file to examine.

ket.pjwstk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2011

Thanks. However now I see that I should take other approach to my task. How can I extend documentation theme? Currently I am extending baisctheme via "public class ExtendedDefaultTheme extends BasicTheme" and I am overridng both page.vmd and main.vmd. How can I do the same with doc. theme? My goal is to override both templates mentioned above by adding few renderConfluenceMacro.

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2011

Brian, could you please ask this as a separate question? I've tried to compose a reply to you, but the comment field is too small to include the necessary information. Posting this as a separate question will also allow us to categorise the answer better for future reference. :-)

0 votes
Steven Cogorno August 3, 2011

Brian,

If you want to extend the documentation theme, I believe you'll need to create a whole new plugin. That's what we ended up doing anyway...

-Steve

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events