Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO cookie ignored/overridden

Deleted user July 4, 2011

I'm trying to use Crowd (2.2.7) and its REST APIs for authentication in a Django web application. I've been able to validate credentials and create SSO tokens, but the SSO cookies I set aren't recognised by my Confluence/JIRA instances (meaning I have to log in again). Logging in to either application overwrites the cookie that I set, but the Crowd console then shows two user sessions under "Administration > Current Sessions > User Sessions".

All applications are on the same domain (confluence.domain.com, jira.domain.com, etc.) and my browser is definitely sending the cookie that I set. I'm making my token creation request to https://crowd.domain.com/crowd/rest/usermanagement/1/session.json?validate-password=0 and the body is as follows:

{"username": "chris"}

Any ideas how I could get SSO working?

8 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Sam Kenny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013

Chris did you ever this get resolved?

0 votes
Michel Teunissen November 9, 2011

When I follow the Crowd REST API doc, there' a possibility to get back a token ( HTTP POST /session?validate-password=false etc.). But what then? I want to create a SSO between my own website from which I talk REST to Crowd and JIRA/Confluence so what cookies/headers do I need to set to get that working given the token that I have?

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2011

Michael, I believe you should ask a question of your own on this. The question is soemthing else, and if you get a reply on your question it is not really an answer to this question.

0 votes
Michel Teunissen November 8, 2011

Can you help me with what cookies I need to set to begin with?

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2011

What do you mean?

0 votes
Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2011

Did you close in on a solution yourself on this?

0 votes
Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 22, 2011

I have the same issue. I'm currently in contact with Atlassian support, and the issue has actually been escalated internally to senior staff. Seems that everything is working fine in regards to cookies, etc., but for some reason Confluence/Crowd is still unable to play together. Having Crowd authenticate on behalf of Confluence (without SSO) works like a charm though.

A small update - our IT infrastructure includes an ISA that does not forward the client IP adr. But if that is the main reason I still do not know.

I'll update on this issue when I get a reply from Atlassian.

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2011

Still waiting for feedback from Atlassian. No news from me.

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 12, 2011

Still waiting for feedback from Atlasian. The issue is a level 1 support issue but they still haven't figured out the reason.

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2011

I ended up discontinuing Crowd. Atlassian was unable to aid for our setup with ISA server, and we'll rather develop our own solution that continue with Crowd.

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2011
0 votes
Jim Bethancourt
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2011

Have you set the authenticator in seraph-config.xml ?

For Confluence it should be

<authenticator class="com.atlassian.confluence.user.ConfluenceCrowdSSOAuthenticator"/>

and for JIRA it should be

<authenticator class="com.atlassian.jira.security.login.SSOSeraphAuthenticator"/>

See http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Integrating+Crowd+with+Atlassian+Confluence

and

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Integrating+Crowd+with+Atlassian+JIRA

Cheers,

Jim

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 4, 2011

Is your webapp and Confluence/JIRA instances on the same IP? I had a similar issue recently with fisheye and had to add the IP that fisheye was running on into the Trusted Proxy list in Crowd (under Admin). This resolved it.

EDIT: Misread your post

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2011

Does 'Misread your post' mean that your answer did'nt have anything to do with the matter?

Jim Bethancourt
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2011

Hi Ivar,

Answers allows you the opportunity to give a reason why you edited your post. In this case, Colin offered an answer, and then edited it, leaving the reason "EDIT: Misread your post" as the reason for editing his post.

Cheers,

Jim

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2011

@Jim; of course :) Just wandering if his edit indicated that he changed his original answer and that his current answer is related, or if he let his original answer 'stay' while adding 'Misread your post'. I've seen both things happen :)

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events