Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Share with Everyone Option on Filters

Gena Cotter June 13, 2011

Is it possible to remove the share with everyone option on Filters in JIRA V4.2.1?

I have tried editing the edit-share-types.jsp and select-share-types.jsp files but it does not seem to work.

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2011

You should modify the edit-share-types.jsp under /template/aui.

Modify lines from 22- 26 as:

<select id="share_type_selector">
<ww:iterator value=".">
<ww:if test="./shareTypeLabel != 'Everyone'">
<option value="<ww:property value="./shareType"/>"><ww:property value="./shareTypeLabel"/></option>
</ww:if>
</ww:iterator>
</select>

Gena Cotter June 14, 2011
Hi Jobin, Can you let me know the exact file path to this? I cannot seem to find folder aui? I had edited this file under at /atlassian-jira/template/standard/ Thanks, Gena
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2011
/atlassian-jira/template/aui/edit-share-types.jsp
Gena Cotter June 14, 2011
Thanks Jobin, worked perfect!
Rolf_Sigg February 10, 2014

Thanks for the idea! We (hopefully) improved the implementation on Jira 6.1 by checking the id and not the translated value, by removing the Add Everyone button, and by selecting project as default (instead of group):

&lt;select class="select medium-field" id="share_type_selector"&gt;  
    &lt;ww:iterator value="."&gt;  
        &lt;ww:if test="./shareType != 'global'"&gt;  
            &lt;option  
                value="&lt;ww:property value="./shareType"/&gt;"  
                &lt;ww:if test="./shareType == 'project'"&gt;selected&lt;/ww:if&gt;  
            &gt;&lt;ww:property value="./shareTypeLabel"/&gt;&lt;/option&gt;  
        &lt;/ww:if&gt;  
    &lt;/ww:iterator&gt;  
&lt;/select&gt;  
&lt;ww:iterator value="." status="'typeStatus'"&gt;  
    &lt;span id="share_&lt;ww:property value="./shareType"/&gt;" &lt;ww:if test="@typeStatus/first == false"&gt;style="display:none"&lt;/ww:if&gt;&gt;  
        &lt;ww:property value="./shareTypeEditor" escape="false"/&gt;  
        &lt;ww:if test="./addButtonNeeded == true"&gt;  
            &lt;ww:if test="./shareType != 'global'"&gt;  
                &lt;span class="addShare" id="share_add_&lt;ww:property value="./shareType"/&gt;"&gt;&lt;span class="icon jira-icon-add"&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;ww:text name="'common.sharing.add.share'"/&gt;&lt;/span&gt;  
    &lt;/span&gt;  
&lt;/ww:iterator&gt;

0 votes
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2011

The following thread (back to the forum) has a workaround for this issue: http://forums.atlassian.com/thread.jspa?messageID=257359151&#257359151

Gena Cotter June 13, 2011
Thanks Jo-Anne, Unfortunately,I had tried this before and it does not seem to work with V4.2.1. I edited the files, deleted the work folder and restarted JIRA. But the manage filters page still looks the same.
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events