Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting notes

Sagi Porat March 16, 2017

Hello,

We'd like to use Confluence to keep meeting notes, which will include action items.

We know that there's a limited option for this currently in Confluence (setting dates, and tagging people), however - this is not enabling us to use different dashboards for the content of these tasks. (for example, see all tasks together of 1 project, of a resource, filter by due date, etc.). We're actually looking for something which will integrate meeting notes while generating JIRA-similar-tasks (from content perspective).

Are there tasks in Confluence which can be integrated? Can we modify the pages on Confluence to look like meeting notes?

Thanks,

Sagi

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2017

Hi Sagi,

do you also have a JIRA installation? If so, I would leave the tasks in JIRA and create reports in Confluence for these JIRA-issues.

But if not, you are very limited regarding tasks in Confluence. 

Do you know this blog: http://blogs.atlassian.com/2014/06/3-ways-keep-team-track-tasks-confluence/ ? Maybe you get some ideas from that

Sagi Porat March 16, 2017

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your answer. I do have JIRA. However, I don't have an intuitive way to open JIRA tasks from confluence. I assume I will need to create those first in JIRA, and then copy a link to the meeting notes. I'm looking for something which is a bit more straightforward while conducting the meeting.

Any ideas?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2017

You can write the JIRA Summary on the Confluence page in the meeting. Just the summary as text.

If you are ready with most of the summaries, save the page and select one line and hover over that selected line. If Confluence and JIRA are connected to each other, you will see a small JIRA Icon. Click on that, enter JIRA Project, issue type and description.

The text on the confluence page will change to the representation of the JIRA issue and you can open the issue with one click and edit the assignee, due date, details and so on later after the meeting.

Like Christian Fitz-Gibbon likes this
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2017

You could also put a JIRA filter macro into the Confluence Meeting Notes so that it dynamically shows the tasks (issues). (This requires JIRA and Confluence to be linked.)

Like Chris Lutz likes this
Chris Lutz June 6, 2019

That's what we have done for our weekly business development meeting.  It works fine.  My question then is what is a good case for still using the Confluence tasks in addition?  And if I go to my Jira dashboard to guide me on work I need to do, I will still have to go back to Confluence to see any tasks there from the meeting, right?  I can't seem to reconcile a good case in my instance to use both without going back and forth or would it be better to forego the Confluence tasks altogether and strictly use the Jira issues for better daily visibility in this case?

Dirk Heuschen August 26, 2019

If you don't like to go back and forth between Jira and Confluence, you could consider using a filter in Jira and document meeting results only on task level where this information is really needed. This would be the most simple solution without any meeting notes.

The reason I am saying this is: the purpose of meetings is to rather manage progress of a selection of tasks than to manage meeting notes. For an assignee of a task it must be awful to search for information in meeting notes that could have been captured in the thread of his task.

If it is important for you to track all progress you made not only on task level, but also on meeting level you should consider using an advanced Jira Plugins for meetings (like Alignment Meeting Board or Agile Notes).

Like carolyn french likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events