I need to find the author/last modifier of a page from the 'atlassian-plugin.xml' file in a plugin

Hello

Within a web-item in a confluence plugin i have been able to pass down a pages ID number using the following:

<web-item key="outofdate" name="outofdate" section="system.content.button" weight="40">

<context-provider class="com.dneg.menu.menuoptions.MenuOptionsHelper"/>

<label>$oTitle</label>

<link>/plugins/menuoptions/menuoptions.action?json={id:$page.id,flag:outofdate,status:$outofdate}</link>

<icon height="16" width="16">

<link>$oIcon</link>

</icon>

<conditions type="AND">

<condition class="com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.descriptor.web.conditions.NotPersonalSpaceCondition/">

<condition class="com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.descriptor.web.conditions.CanEditSpaceStylesCondition/">

</conditions>

</web-item>

The '$page.id' parameter allowed me to access the page ID and pass it down to the plugin, I was hoping there is a list somewhere of all the possible attributes that can be put in this link tag in a web-item. I know there's others such as '$space.key', and i've seen a few oher examples, what I'm really after is something to give me the author or last modifier of the page in question though.

Thanks in advance

Matt

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

I still have no idea where the documentation for this is, i ended up using a workaround.

I brought in the page ID as shown above, then used:

Page p = pageManager.getPage(Long.parseLong(pageID));    
auth = p.getCreatorName() + "@dneg.com";
lastMod = p.getLastModifierName() + "@dneg.com";

Works just as well! =]

Joe Clark Atlassian Team Jan 30, 2013

That's a fine way to do it. :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Agile

What is Scrum? A good, bad, and ugly answer.

In a world of dark-scrum, faux-scrum, and scrum-butt, the question still remains: What is scrum and how do you do it “right?” That’s the question we set out to answer. I'm Max, I've been teaching c...

57 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you