Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to find the author/last modifier of a page from the 'atlassian-plugin.xml' file in a plugin

Matt Albone January 8, 2013

Hello

Within a web-item in a confluence plugin i have been able to pass down a pages ID number using the following:

<web-item key="outofdate" name="outofdate" section="system.content.button" weight="40">

<context-provider class="com.dneg.menu.menuoptions.MenuOptionsHelper"/>

<label>$oTitle</label>

<link>/plugins/menuoptions/menuoptions.action?json={id:$page.id,flag:outofdate,status:$outofdate}</link>

<icon height="16" width="16">

<link>$oIcon</link>

</icon>

<conditions type="AND">

<condition class="com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.descriptor.web.conditions.NotPersonalSpaceCondition/">

<condition class="com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.descriptor.web.conditions.CanEditSpaceStylesCondition/">

</conditions>

</web-item>

The '$page.id' parameter allowed me to access the page ID and pass it down to the plugin, I was hoping there is a list somewhere of all the possible attributes that can be put in this link tag in a web-item. I know there's others such as '$space.key', and i've seen a few oher examples, what I'm really after is something to give me the author or last modifier of the page in question though.

Thanks in advance

Matt

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matt Albone January 14, 2013

I still have no idea where the documentation for this is, i ended up using a workaround.

I brought in the page ID as shown above, then used:

Page p = pageManager.getPage(Long.parseLong(pageID));    
auth = p.getCreatorName() + "@dneg.com";
lastMod = p.getLastModifierName() + "@dneg.com";

Works just as well! =]

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2013

That's a fine way to do it. :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events