It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to specify parent page of new/updated page in Confluence REST API?

Ana Nelson Aug 13, 2014

I'm able to create/modify pages via the Confluence REST API, but they all appear at the space root. If I move a page manually, and then I update its content via the API, it is moved back to the space root. How do I create a page which has another page as its parent?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Wilkins Aug 14, 2014

One of the comments in this stack overflow question details how to create the new page as a child of an existing page using the 'ancestors' property:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23523705/how-to-create-new-page-in-confluence-using-their-rest-api

But it does warn that this is an undocumented feature.

Ana Nelson Aug 15, 2014

Yes, great, that comment did the trick.

"ancestors":[{"type":"page","id":12345}]

Amos S Nov 30, 2014

How do you get the ancestor ID of an existing page? It's always empty (either an empty array or an empty string) when I fetch the page.

Amos S Dec 02, 2014

NM. Got it working. Here is my description how: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/5278993/answers/11442314

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Statuspage

⭐️Would you recommend Statuspage? Leave a (honest!) review. ⭐️

Hi Community friends, We're working on sourcing more reviews on Capterra – a popular software review site –  to help teams like yours make more informed decisions when choosing an inc...

100 views 3 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you