Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get information about installations of my Connect add-on?

Konrad Garus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2016

I'm about to deploy my first Connect add-on to marketplace. I need a way to list all the installations, with information like:

• Customer ID and contact information
  • Tier / user count
  • Trial start and end date

I would also like to be able to renew their trial. Say they signed up for 30 days, and I'd like to be able to let them stay on trial for 30 more days (or N more days).

Finally, how can I let someone use the add-on for free? It would be paid via Atlassian, but I'd like to be able to let someone skip the payment altogether.

Is this information and operations available in the marketplace? I don't see anything close to that on my private listing.

Is there an API with this data and functionality?

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
wadey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2016

Hi, @Konrad Garus, lots of great questions! First, welcome to the Marketplace and our community. Second, there's a lot of detail to be found in the program overview and the FAQs on our developer website: https://developer.atlassian.com/market

• The relationship is between you and a customer, both contractually and in terms of contact ownership
  • All the installation data we present you are summarized here: https://developer.atlassian.com/market/programs-and-features/reports-for-paid-via-atlassian-listings
  • Atlassian Cloud products including add-ons do not do, nor renew evaluations. There is a 'trial' period at the beginning of any subscription, of between 30 and 60 days (depending where in their billing cycle a customer first subscribes). 
  • There are some mechanisms we're looking at to provide a user with free cloud add-on usage at your discretion. This is launched for Server / Data Center add-ons already. No dates yet - we'd be happy to hear your thoughts directly. 
  • There is a Marketplace API (add-on operations in beta - public docs coming soon) and a Marketplace Sales Data API (see above reports link), and we're also working to improve and consolidate these. 
abhalla
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2016

To add to this, you can use access tokens to offer free Cloud add-on usage. It's primarily intended for developers to conduct some add-on license enforcement testing in production as well as to extend early beta-testing access to some customers, but it could be used to allow someone to use your add-on for free indefinitely. It's a bit of an advanced feature.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events