Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I save my repository level settings?

Kaushik Veluru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2017

Hi, 

I have created an add-on and added some per-repository level settings. I have the enable and disable toggle button on the settings page. Now, when either selection is made, how do I save that information so that I can use that while rendering some other pages accordingly. 

Can I use localstorage to save the setting configuration? Would that be a problem when there are more than one user?

Edit: I have got to know about Active Objects. I believe that's the way forward. Please let me know if that's the right approach. 

Thanks,

Kaushik

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kaushik Veluru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2017

Since the data to be stored is very small for my plugin, I have used PluginSettings java API to store my data on the server. It's pretty easy compared to Active Objects. I would recommend Plugin Settings over Active Objects if the data is very small. 

Refer for further documentation here: 

https://developer.atlassian.com/docs/common-coding-tasks/storing-plugin-settings

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events