How can I make a field "required" only after a specific state is reached?

John Simonson July 6, 2011

We want to make the "Fix Version" field a required field, but only later in the workflow.

It is possible, of course, to make it required from the start (during Create Issue), but the version is not known at that point in time. But we need to require the field in order to close the issuer (actuallly earlier in the workflow).

Any links or pointers?

Thanks - John.

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

3 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2011

Add the FieldsRequiredValidator in JIRA Suite Utilities plugin at the relevant workflow transitions.

2 votes
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2011

There is a validator in the workflow that can check that a field contains a value. You can put that in for your close transition.

Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 6, 2011

Good point Nic. You can also add in the the issue is non-editable (is that a real word) once it has been closed.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2011

Make sure you use the same validator in all points in the workflow after that point to - otherwise some bright spark might edit the issue and remove it!

SabrinaB December 5, 2011

Wow, many thanks Jo-Anne for the solution, it work for me and you save my life!!! :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events