Do I have to close the connection that I got via new DefaultOfBizConnectionFactory().getConnection()?

Hi,

my calculated custom field needs to query the database and therefore gets a database connection via DefaultOfBizConnectionFactory().getConnection(). Do I have to close that connection explicitly and the end of my plugin's method?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

If I close the Connection explicitly, I get the following errors, so I assume you must not close the connection:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: The OpTimer has been re-used.  end() can only be called once!
	at com.atlassian.instrumentation.operations.SimpleOpTimer.end(SimpleOpTimer.java:142)
	at com.atlassian.instrumentation.operations.SimpleOpTimer.end(SimpleOpTimer.java:99)
	at com.atlassian.instrumentation.operations.SimpleOpTimer.end(SimpleOpTimer.java:117)
	at com.atlassian.jira.ofbiz.InstrumentedSQLInterceptor.onConnectionReplaced(InstrumentedSQLInterceptor.java:38)
	at com.atlassian.jira.ofbiz.ChainedSQLInterceptor.onConnectionReplaced(ChainedSQLInterceptor.java:75)
	at org.ofbiz.core.entity.jdbc.interceptors.connection.ConnectionTracker$ConnectionWithSQLInterceptorImpl.close(ConnectionTracker.java:96)
	at com.example.jira.customfields.SprintField.close(SprintField.java:106)

Closing the ResultSet and Statement should be done nevertheless.

We have the same problem. Do you finally find the correct way to do it?

IIRC, we only closed the ResultSet and the Statement.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published yesterday in Agile

Try the new Jira Cloud add-on for Google Sheets

Hi Atlassian community, I work on the product integration team at Atlassian and I am very excited to announce the early access program for the Jira Cloud add-on for Google Sheets. This add-on giv...

164 views 1 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you