Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add custom, dynamic attributes to a User

Jochen Jochen July 4, 2011

Hi,

I am trying to find a way to enrich a User's data programmatically on the server side, ie within the Crowd application. This would be used for adding data from some legacy system. The data is dynamic, so the fixed key/value scheme that is available for User's attributes wii not suffice.

I am bit lost where to actually put this functionality:

• Using an EventHandler looked liked the right place initially - but to my knowledge one cannot modify the User object that is used within the event.
  • I also tried to use a custom directory, subclassing the internal directory, without success

Has anybody successfully implemented such a functionality? I would guess it is a rather common scenario.

Thanks

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
m@
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2011

I think you have the idae of a solution backwards. Instead of trying to somehow attach dynamic data to the user object, you should provide a component that can calculate the information you need based on the user you give it.

For simplicity and performance you should think of users as immutable objects and the data you calculate dynamically should be separate.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events